The Kansas City Royals were last in playoffs in 1985 and won the World Series, often referred to as the I-70 Series since a 4 hour drive down Interstate 70 was all that separated the two teams. With both teams still alive in the playoffs, could it happen again this year??!!
To put in to perspective just how long the playoff drought has been for our beloved Royals, here are some other interesting facts from 1985:
- The average price for a new car was $9,005.00
- A gallon of gas cost $1.09
- A movie ticket cost $2.75
- US postage stamp cost $0.22.
- Microsoft released the first version of Windows (Windows 1.0) and compact discs were first introduced to American consumers.
- In the financial world, the US 10-Year Treasury yield was 10.24% on 10/1/1985, compared to 2.52% on 10/1/2014. The S&P 500 opened at $167.20 on 1/2/1985, and closed at $1,972.29 on 9/30/2014; an increase of 1,079.60% – not a bad return!
Please contact us at 913.402.6099 if you would like to discuss your current investment strategy and to receive a free analysis of your portfolio.
John P. Chladek, MBA, CFP® is the President of Chladek Wealth Management, LLC, a fee-only financial planning and investment management firm specializing in helping families and couples who are not yet retired realize their financial goals. For more information, visit http://www.chladekwealth.com.
All written content on this site is for information purposes only. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of John P. Chladek, MBA, CFP®, President, Chladek Wealth Management, LLC. Material presented is believed to be from reliable sources and we make no representations as to its accuracy or completeness. All information and ideas should be discussed in detail with your individual advisor prior to implementation. Investment Advisory services are offered by Chladek Wealth Management, LLC, a registered investment advisory firm in the State of Kansas. The presence of this web site on the Internet shall in no direct or indirect way be construed or interpreted as a solicitation to sell or offer to sell investment advisory services to any residents of any state other than the State of Kansas or where otherwise legally permitted.